Our Client is seeking to hire a .Net Developer to support proprietary and commercial software platforms as well as data analysis and data integration initiatives within the IT and Operations function. This role will report to the VP of Operations and collaborate with technology team members and operational units in support of defined business objectives.
This role requires a professional who is a self-starter with adept problem solving skills and excellent written and oral communication abilities. Additionally, the role will support critical production software systems, and must demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate issues and rapidly formulate solutions without compromising change controls and related best practices.
- Actively participate in the design, development, and support of a custom .NET/WPF software platform.
- Ability to interpret both written and verbal business requirements and technical specifications, and translate them into functional system components.
- Provide production support capabilities by adhering to strict change control best practices in a high-pressure environment.
- Assist in continual improvement and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input, and overall project goals.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Deep understanding and experience with .NET (C#), WPF, Visual Studio, and SQL/SQL Server.
- Minimum of 2 years of software development experience at the Enterprise level.
- Experience developing Client/Server applications, bug tracking, lifecycle development, report writing and code management.
- Object-oriented and design patterns experience.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced business environment.
- Able to communicate effectively across the organization.
- Experience in the financial services industry and accounting software a plus.
- Experience with Sharepoint development a plus.
- Exposure to unit testing tools a plus.
- Exposure to salesforce.com development and customization a plus.